A unique opportunity is available for an outstanding PhD scholar in the area of translational cancer research. The research is to be conducted at one of the primary sites of the Sydney West Translational Cancer Research Centre (SW-TCRC).
This scholarship is supported by a grant from the Cancer Institute NSW.
- The scholarship is offered subject to the applicant having an unconditional offer of admission or being currently enrolled in a PhD at the University of Sydney.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident at the time of award.
- Applicants must have completed at least one of the following:
i. Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery,
ii. Doctor of Medicine,
iii. Bachelor of Science with First Class Honours or equivalent, or
iv. Degree with an outstanding record of professional and/or research achievement since graduation.
- The applicant, their supervisor and their research project must be based in Australia and located at one of the SW-TCRC sites.
- The applicant must already be, or will become, a member of SW-TCRC by the time of award.
- The primary supervisor of the applicant must have at least six months membership of the SW-TCRC at the time of the application.
Value & Duration:
- If the applicant meets the requirements outlined in 3(i) or 3(ii) the scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the NHMRC Medical Dental Stipend for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- If the applicant meets the requirements outlined in 3(iii) or 3(iv) the scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- The stipend will be indexed annually on the anniversary of the scholarship commencement date in line with the particular scholarship that is awarded.
- The successful applicant will receive $2000 per annum towards the purchase of consumables and conference travel that is relevant to the scholarship. Any unspent funds may be carried forward into the following year but not beyond the end date of the scholarship.
- A one off amount of $500 will be payable to the successful applicant in the final year of the scholarship to assist with costs associated with thesis preparation and presentation. These funds cannot be used for other purposes and must be used within six months of the scholarship end date.
Further Information: Terms and Conditions
Open Date: Closed
Close Date: Closed