This scholarship recognises the commitment to the residential community made by Resident Advisors, who live in Monash Residential Services (MRS).
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A current full-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Appointed a Resident Advisor with MRS.
- Minimum of a pass grade average (50%) in the previous academic year.
- Half scholarship: $220 (2018 rate) paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Three-quarter scholarship: $330 (2018 rate) paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Full scholarship: $440 (2018 rate) paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Varies depending on the number of residents.
- Based on an interview process conducted by the college head and/or MRS manager.
- Successful applicants demonstrate a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests, participation and career interests.
Research students' position on the Faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training) will be considered.
To retain this scholarship:
- Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment.
- Recipients must maintain a pass grade average (50%).
- Recipients must remain in residency with Monash Residential Services and not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services conditions of residency.
- Recipients must adhere to the MRS resident advisor guidelines.
How to apply
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.