The Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam (MOET) through its Vietnam International Education Department (VIED) office and Edith Cowan University (ECU), offer co-funded postgraduate research scholarships to students from Vietnam to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at ECU. This scholarship includes a living allowance of $28,000 per annum, tuition fees, visa application fee (AU $550), Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the course, English Language scholarship for ten weeks of tuition to eligible candidates, a range of free research training workshops (including a six week English as an Additional Language course every semester), and access to research and writing consultants.
At a glance
- You must not be a current ECU student to apply for this scholarship.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for a joint scholarship you must:
- have received a letter of support from VIED;
- have completed at least four years of tertiary education at a high level of achievement;
- be a citizen of Vietnam at the time of application;
- fulfil academic entry requirements set by ECU, including English proficiency;
- fulfil all requirements of VIED;
- be commencing full time enrolment;
- not have held an AusAID scholarship within the last two years; and
- be intending to pursue a PhD.
Note: International Scholarship (Non-Australian Citizen)
How to apply
- VIED letter of Support
- Receive a VIED letter of support for PhD study
- Apply to ECU
- Complete the application form
- Apply for a Joint ECU-VIED Scholarship
- Apply to VIED with your ECU course offer, if approved they will issue you with a Financial Guarantee
- Email email@example.com and attach your Financial Guarantee VIED letter of support