The International Masters Scholarship is offered to international students from selected countries who successfully apply for a masters by coursework degree. The scholarship offers a 20% (percent) reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU.
At a glance
- Applicants must be international students who apply for, and receive an offer, or a conditional offer, to commence study at ECU in 2019;
- The scholarships are only open to:
- prospective students seeking to study an ECU Masters degree by coursework; and
- Current ECU students intending to move to a new course of study after completing their current course (bachelor to masters for example).
- The scholarship is open to citizens of the following countries: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bhutan, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, UK, USA, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting to up to 20% (percent) of their ECU tuition fees for the duration of the ECU component of their study.
- Whilst ECU continues to offer this scholarship, all eligible applicants will be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants can package with ELICOS.
- This scholarship is open to prospective students.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be commencing study of your ECU course in 2019;
- not be currently holding a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) for a postgraduate course at ECU issued prior to the start of this scholarship;
- not be in receipt of another scholarship or sponsorship;
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- intend to study a Master by coursework degree; and
- intend to study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship the following ongoing conditions apply.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved by ECU.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship cannot be retained if a recipient defers their studies for more than one semester.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so may (in ECU's absolute discretion) negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
From 14 May 2019, this scholarship is not available to Bachelor of Science (Nursing) [Course code: C33 CRICOS code: 077132G] or Master of Nursing [Course code: J46 CRICOS code: 091870M].