Cor Cordis is one of Australia's largest and most trusted business advisory firms providing innovative Advisory, Restructuring & Turnaround & Insolvency solutions nationally through our offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane.
Cor Cordis has a dynamic advisory team to identify and implement solutions to resolve strategic and financial challenges. We apply collaborative and innovative techniques when navigating businesses through uncertain times, and take a tailored approach to improve the performance of all our clients.
Over the last fifteen years, Cor Cordis has successfully grown and currently employs 20 partners and over 120 staff nationally.
Cor Cordis is recruiting a graduate to join our Perth team in December 2021.
What will you do?
A common comment from our current graduates is that no two days are the same. In any given day, you could be working on:
- The administration, receivership or liquidation of a nationally known company, such as Kikki K or Ishka
- The bankruptcy of a high profile individual
- A trading Administration - on site anywhere around the city, state or country - overseeing trading activities, dealing with creditors and customers, instructing valuers, real estate agents or other consultants
- Fielding calls from interested parties in relation to the sale of a business, property or other assets
- Conducting investigations (including compiling evidence and reports to support litigation) and pursuing claims in matters of financial fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, insolvent trading or other breaches of the Corporations Act 2001 or Bankruptcy Act 1966
- Adjudicating on creditor claims and processing the payments of dividends to employees and other qualifying creditors
What do we offer?
Cor Cordis is committed to providing employees with an interesting and challenging work environment, with an emphasis on personal development and ongoing training including:
- 12 month Graduate Development Program including regular internal and external training supported by a buddy
- extensive on the job training in the office, working directly with a team of highly experienced Partners and Managers
- online learning platform providing access to technical and personal development training
- full support (tuition and study leave) for CA or CPA study
- opportunities to develop commercial and negotiation skills
- experience in a number of different industries and across a wide breadth of businesses and individuals
- friendly and down to earth work environment with a team of professionals from diverse backgrounds and career experience
- access to externally provided industry training and events
- strong prospects for internal progression.
We offer competitive salaries and working conditions and at Cor Cordis you will experience a level of direct client exposure which graduates at many larger firms do not. We pride ourselves on our relaxed, culturally diverse and family-friendly environment.
What we are looking for?
You will be a final year student and will have:
- Accounting major with a preference for candidates who immediately satisfy the prerequisites for entry into the Chartered Accountant's program
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency at the time of application
- Communication skills, including strong written English
- Teamwork skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Desire to complete the CA, or equivalent, qualification
To find out more or apply please visit our website. The closing date for applications is 13 August 2021.